If you're like most homeowners in the Dutchess county area, you get a little happy bug when the warmer days are in sight. Getting rid of the winter coat, seeing tulips starting to peek out, and enjoying time with family and friends on your patio. In this area, we only get a few months that are promising for this warm weather and there is good reason to take advantage of every moment of it as well as the not-so-warm weather. Enter the fire pit! We have some ideas for using yours on the chilly summer evenings, typical Saturday spring and fall afternoons, and even winter days.
1. Sit around the fire while watching an outdoor movie on a project screen.
2. Hold a s'mores competition to see who can make the best picture perfect one.
3. Declare a scary story night, turn off the outdoor lighting, and share frightening tales.
4. Make a song or two with instruments (think guitar and flute) and singing (your 6th grader).
5. Cook something - get some grates to place over the fire pit and enjoy the wings!
6. Camp out in your backyard - get the tents and camping chairs out.
7. Watch the sunrise, get up a little early and enjoy your coffee by the fire.
8. Star gaze and if you're feeling fancy, identify look for constellations.
9. Soak up in a nearby hot tub.
10. Install infrared heaters and host a spring or fall cocktail party.
Related: 6 Amazing Landscaping Ideas